(Posted by a frustrated gay man)
If I hear any more about how the Saturday Parade on Capitol Hill is the "protest" parade, I am going to wretch.
In case you haven't noticed, there are a number of horrific events occurring around the world, all of which far outweight this silly parade drama. Please channel your energy into one of the following (or something of equal importance):
1. Genocide in Darfur - you can use that energy to raise funds to help millions of people from government-sanctioned ethnic cleansing.
2. Israel vs. Palestine - you can donate money/time to organizations that are helping Israeli and Palestinian children see beyond their ethnic/religious roots, and relating to each other as fellow humans.
3. Marriage equality in the States - the civil rights movement of our time is here and (gasp!) it affects our community. Volunteer for any of a number of organizations in the area helping to educate people about why marriage matters for queers. With a court decision coming soon, this involvement is so important, as a State Constitutional Amendment could result.
4. Political involvement - donate money/time to your selected political party/issues and get involved for the mid-term elections. Take responsibility for your government, your community, and what happens on a daily basis.
5. Friends and Family - spend time with them. Developing deep, lasting relationships with these folks. They are really all that we have to depend on. Everything else is fickle at best.
I hate mowing lawns, and not just for the sneezing fits. The back yard tends to get several feet tall before I attack it, using an electrical weedwhacker as a 20th-century scythe.
I'm willing to pay somebody to keep the lawn - especially the back lawn - under control. Does anybody have recommendations - people/companies they have used, or heard of?
I'm looking for a reasonably priced hair place for cut and color around Ballard. Greenlake, Freemont are fine too. I'm really close to Habitude, but I don't think I can stomach $200 for a cut and color.
Has anyone been to Tart?
Has anyone been to Dr. Enzmann at Minor and James? What did you think?
Hi, I'll be relocating to WA, and I have a question about shipping my car over. Are there laws regarding how soon I need to get my car inspected? I am wondering because, if I had it inspected in another state before shipping the car over, there'd be a possible redundant inspection. I'm asking not so much for myself but for my concerned parents. I looked through the 'auto' section of memories and haven't found anything. I'm assuming it's a non-issue, but felt safer to ask anyway!
My little sister is turning 21 this Saturday and I’m planning on taking her out. I turned 21 back in the day when you went to renew your license they’d give you the new one then and there. Nowadays they give you the paper temporary license and mail you the new one in about a week.
Does anyone know if bars/restaurants/clubs will accept the temporary paper license along with the expired license as ID, if you’ve just turned 21? I wouldn’t think this is the first time a situation like this has occurred since 21 is a time when a lot of people will be renewing their license.